- Everybody rolls 1d20+DEX modifier
- Highest Roll go first
- If you tie, the person with Higher DEX goes first
- Do not roll vs a Static AC, instead roll 1d20 and a damage dice.
- Your opponent rolls a 1d20 as well, along with their damage dice.
- Both of you should add any attack modifiers to your d20 roll and any damage modifiers to your damage di(c)e, respectively.
- Higher roll wins. If the attacker wins, they do damage equal to what they rolled on your damage dice. If the defender wins they take no damage instead.
- Any attack that does max damage (ex: rolling a "4" on a 1d4) does normal damage and causes a Horrible Wound.
- Come in three groups, Quick, Balanced and Powerful
- Quick Weapons:
+ Include such things as daggers, brass knuckles, and anything one-handed or concealable
+ Do 1d6 damage, then add any class based damage modifier, but no STR bonus
- Balanced Weapons:
+ Include anything bigger than a Quick Weapon, but nothing oversized
+ Examples include such things as most swords, some axes, some hammers, most spears
+ Do 1d6+STR damage, then add any class based damage modifier
- Powerful Weapons:
+ Includes the big stuff excluded from the previous categories
+ Examples include: widowmakers, morningstars, flails, bastard swords, big axes and hammers, and anything large and oversized
+ Do 1d8+STR damage, then add any class based damage modifier
- There are two types of Ranged Combat, with weapons that you can evade, and ones you can't
- For Weapons you can:
+ These include things such as slings, atlatls, blowpipes, darts, shuriken, throwing needles, throwing knives, arrows, or etc (Referee's Discretion).
+ Treat these as melee attacks
- For Weapons you can't:
+ These include things such as guns, missiles, or etc (Referee's Discretion)
+ When using these, they only require a full action to use
+ When one is directed against you, make a saving throw. Then have the Referee tell you the Range.
> If the Range is Close, then a successful save means you take half damage. A failed save means you take full damage.
> If the Range is Medium, then a successful save means you take no damage. A failed save means you take full damage.
> If the Range is Long, then a successful save means you take no damage. A failed save means you half damage.
- I explained the Categories above, so I'll just list a few common Ranged Weapons below
- Common Ranged Weapons you can evade:
+ Bow and Arrow 1d6+STR damage
+ Sling 1d4 damage
+ Blowpipe 1 damage (poison sold separately)
- Common Ranged Weapons you cannot evade:
+ Pistol 1d8
+ Long Gun (rifle, shotgun, etc) 2d6
+ Shotgun 3d6 at Close range, 2d6 at Medium range, 1d6 at Long range: if firing shot. If firing solid slugs, treat as a long gun.
HP and FS:
- Players have two pools of HP
- Enemies only have HP
+ Stands for Hit Points
+ The physical integrity of your body
+ If this gets damaged you can take damage to your body
+ Stands for Fighting Spirit
+ This is your willpower, magic, and your ability to defend yourself
+ When you take damage to this, all injuries are minor, or the attack misses in the fiction, even if you take FS damage
+ It's like one of those blows in a fight scene where the Hero evades a blow just barely
+ While you have at least 1 point of FS, you cannot receive a Horrible Wound
+ If your FS is extinguished, if there is any leftover damage, it doesn't "roll over" into HP
Armor in a world with no AC:
- Armor has a rating, from +1 to +6
- When defending, instead of rolling damage dice, you can just add your AC to the roll
The above is my old System, I have decided not to use it. Now the Armor Rules can be found here.
Horrible Wounds, and how to acquire them:
- I use Emmy Allen's tables and rules for these. She came up with it, not me. Find the tables here.
Spells by Tradition: Biomancer : 1- Acid Rain 2- Adrenaline Rush 3- Animate Potion 4- Befriend Beast 5- Healing Touch 6- Induce M...
Hello everyone! This is going to be a more serious post, so please, feel free to avoid it if you're not up for reading about sad things...
The Wolf King Canis is one of the Animal Kings, a great and terrible spirit. But despite his lofty status, he rules over a small and fracti...