- Everybody rolls 1d20+DEX modifier
- Highest Roll go first
- If you tie, the person with Higher DEX goes first
- Do not roll vs a Static AC, instead roll 1d20 and a damage dice.
- Your opponent rolls a 1d20 as well, along with their damage dice.
- Both of you should add any attack modifiers to your d20 roll and any damage modifiers to your damage di(c)e, respectively.
- Higher roll wins. If the attacker wins, they do damage equal to what they rolled on your damage dice. If the defender wins they take no damage instead.
- Any attack that does max damage (ex: rolling a "4" on a 1d4) does normal damage and causes a Horrible Wound.
- Come in three groups, Quick, Balanced and Powerful
- Quick Weapons:
+ Include such things as daggers, brass knuckles, and anything one-handed or concealable
+ Do 1d6 damage, then add any class based damage modifier, but no STR bonus
- Balanced Weapons:
+ Include anything bigger than a Quick Weapon, but nothing oversized
+ Examples include such things as most swords, some axes, some hammers, most spears
+ Do 1d6+STR damage, then add any class based damage modifier
- Powerful Weapons:
+ Includes the big stuff excluded from the previous categories
+ Examples include: widowmakers, morningstars, flails, bastard swords, big axes and hammers, and anything large and oversized
+ Do 1d8+STR damage, then add any class based damage modifier
- There are two types of Ranged Combat, with weapons that you can evade, and ones you can't
- For Weapons you can:
+ These include things such as slings, atlatls, blowpipes, darts, shuriken, throwing needles, throwing knives, arrows, or etc (Referee's Discretion).
+ Treat these as melee attacks
- For Weapons you can't:
+ These include things such as guns, missiles, or etc (Referee's Discretion)
+ When using these, they only require a full action to use
+ When one is directed against you, make a saving throw. Then have the Referee tell you the Range.
> If the Range is Close, then a successful save means you take half damage. A failed save means you take full damage.
> If the Range is Medium, then a successful save means you take no damage. A failed save means you take full damage.
> If the Range is Long, then a successful save means you take no damage. A failed save means you half damage.
- I explained the Categories above, so I'll just list a few common Ranged Weapons below
- Common Ranged Weapons you can evade:
+ Bow and Arrow 1d6+STR damage
+ Sling 1d4 damage
+ Blowpipe 1 damage (poison sold separately)
- Common Ranged Weapons you cannot evade:
+ Pistol 1d8
+ Long Gun (rifle, shotgun, etc) 2d6
+ Shotgun 3d6 at Close range, 2d6 at Medium range, 1d6 at Long range: if firing shot. If firing solid slugs, treat as a long gun.
HP and FS:
- Players have two pools of HP
- Enemies only have HP
+ Stands for Hit Points
+ The physical integrity of your body
+ If this gets damaged you can take damage to your body
+ Stands for Fighting Spirit
+ This is your willpower, magic, and your ability to defend yourself
+ When you take damage to this, all injuries are minor, or the attack misses in the fiction, even if you take FS damage
+ It's like one of those blows in a fight scene where the Hero evades a blow just barely
+ While you have at least 1 point of FS, you cannot receive a Horrible Wound
+ If your FS is extinguished, if there is any leftover damage, it doesn't "roll over" into HP
Armor in a world with no AC:
- Armor has a rating, from +1 to +6
- When defending, instead of rolling damage dice, you can just add your AC to the roll
The above is my old System, I have decided not to use it. Now the Armor Rules can be found here.
Horrible Wounds, and how to acquire them:
- I use Emmy Allen's tables and rules for these. She came up with it, not me. Find the tables here.
Spells by Tradition: Biomancer : 1- Acid Rain 2- Adrenaline Rush 3- Animate Potion 4- Befriend Beast 5- Healing Touch 6- Induce M...
This wasn't a post I really wanted to make, but Arnold K. forced my hand. So I'm going to make it. Also, this is inspired very hea...
by AleksiRemesArt By the time he accumulated enough XP to reach 3rd level, Kujo Jotaro's player decided that instead of taking another F...